Santísima Trinidad Episcopal Church
Morón, Ciego de Ávila, Cuba
Rev. Carlos Eduardo Expósito Irarragorri, Pastor
The origins of the Church date back to 1923, when the then provincial archdeacon Rev. John McCarthy was invited to lead a worship service in Spanish in the city of Moron, paving the way for the creation of a mission in this city.
In 1924 Mr. José Miguel Tarafa donated the land for the construction of “La Trinidad” school, in whose classrooms were held the first services and meetings for the congregation. The construction of the church building was completed in 1935.
Four bishops, nine priests, and one deacon have come from “La Trinidad;” these have in turn served within the diocese of Cuba.”
Today Holy Eucharist is celebrated every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. The Daily Office is celebrated Wednesdays and memorial services on Thursdays 9:30 a.m.
The church community has an active Episcopal Church Women’s Organization, as well as groups of youth, adolescents, and children who hold their own activities.
Overall, the church building, as well as the apartment that serves as the parish house needs maintenance. In some parts of the church roof there are leaks during rainfalls, and both buildings need other repairs and painting.