Santa María de Rodas Episcopal Church
Rev. Gilberto Junco, Pastor
Santa María was founded in the 1930s. The Rev. Pablo Muñoz Díaz organized a congregation in Rodas in 1936 and various members the community were confirmed during a visit by the second Bishop of Cuba, the U.S. born Hiram Hulse.
The establishment of the church was realized during the following years by the work of the Mission which was lasted until 2012. Primary focus has been on the Sunday school and the work of the women.
In 2014 the church at Rodas was the seat of an archdeacon for the first time in its history.
This enterprising community has engaged in several local development projects using small grants that enabled the beginning of the restoration of the church and the implementing of food safety measures that have benefitted around 30 families a year with vegetables and other garden produce.
The various families of Santa María Church keep the Anglican tradition alive in this community.
The current church, built in 1957, needs overall remodeling and repairs. The community is also in need of a water purification system because of the limited quality of the water at this location.