San Francisco de Asís Episcopal Church
Rev. Aurelio de la Paz, Pastor
The Episcopal Church in Cárdenas was founded in 1907 and the present temple was consecrated under the title of "St. Francis of Assisi", on January 12, 1959 by then Diocesan Bishop Alexander Hugo Blankingship.
The Parish has more than 120 members who support missionary and pastoral work. All the work is directed and organized by the Parish Board.
The Parish has been blessed through the improvement of spaces, real estate, offering services to the community, acquisition of musical instruments to enrich liturgical celebrations and educational materials.
Several ministries have been implemented and supported where members can integrate and contribute to the accomplishment of the mission.
At the end of the stewardship campaign for 2017, the Church developed 28 ministries. Each of these has a leader and a team of members. They, according to their gifts, skills and interest, have been integrated into the work, responding to the five purposes of the Church: Adoration, Discipleship, Fellowship, Service and Evangelism.